Monday, January 9, 2012

Do you talk to your child?

Good Morning! Just wondering what your New Year's Resolutions are?? Do some of them include spending more time... and actually I don't just mean time... I mean QuAliTy time with your family? I am going to try and spend more time with my kinds on their schoolwork. I know my little ones will benefit from me taking more interest in what they are learning. Another suggestion... eating dinner together. I'm always amazed when I'm speaking to parents and what they tell me about their home life. Why aren't you taking the time to sit down and eat dinner together? What a better time to "debreif" on your days! Ask them about what they did at school! Ask them who they played with at recess! Ask them what they learned in chemistry! If your kids know you are truly interested in their day and you build that base communication... it's going to be a lot easier for them to communicate with you about the "tougher" items when they come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment